Movers in Gulfport, MS
Let Us Bear The Load.
Need A Free Moving Quote?
Get One Now...
Recognized as the second-largest city in Mississippi, Gulfport is only one-half of the Gulfport-Biloxi section of the Gulf Coast. During Hurricane Katrina in 2005, Gulfport was one of the few cities that was nearly destroyed. There were many buildings that were destroyed, including more than 40 libraries across Mississippi. One such institution included the Gulfport Public Library which required a total reconstruction due to multiple broken windows and the first and second floors being completed gutted by the hurricane.
Although Hurricane Katrina’s devastation was felt all over, it was not the strongest hurricane that Gulfport was faced with. In fact, back in 1969, a Category 5 storm known as Hurricane Camille hit Gulfport and their neighboring communities with sustained winds of up to 175mph (compared to Katrina’ 150mph winds).
Fortunately, the city of Gulfport has since then made impressive strides in gradually reconstructing the city itself as well as rebuilding the natural areas nearby. Today, there are still amazing places to explore and activities for everyone of all ages to enjoy including find dining, premium outlets, theme and water parks, a nationally-awarded children’s museum, private charters to nearby islands and even tours of the famous Stennis Space Center. If you want to do it, you can probably find it in Gulfport, MS.
Things to Do in Gulfport
From high-thrill activities outdoors to relaxing island excursions and everything in between, there are a ton of reasons why visitors tend to make their new home in Gulfport, MS.
Fun Activities for All Ages
- The Institute for Marine Mammal Studies (IMMS): The IMMS was established in 1984 as a research organization dedicated to the public education, conservation and research of wild marine animals and those under human supervision. Additionally, the IMMS is one of the only organizations in the Mississippi-Louisiana-Alabama region that has the resources, skills and expertise to care for sick or injured marine animals, including sea turtles!
- Model Railroad Club & Museum: Head on over to the Model Railroad Club & Museum and check out over 200 years of railroad history. You can also experience the largest Mississippi LEGO railroad display along with interactive layouts for the kids!
Rest and Relaxation
- The Guest House at Gulfport Landing – Bed & Breakfast: If your home isn’t quite ready to be moved into, experience one-of-a-kind southern hospitality by resting your bones at this local bed and breakfast. Inside one of Gulfport’s historical homes, the Guest House Bed and Breakfast has five suites to choose from, each with their private bath. Fortunately, you don’t have to travel too far to have fun! Try your luck at the nearby Island Casino Resort or set your sights on Cadeaux Gift Shop for some knick-knacks to take back with you to your new home.
Fill Your Plate
- Half Shell Oyster House of Gulfport: Once you’ve had enough of outdoor (or indoor) fun, cruise on over to the Half Shell Oyster House. Take your pick from any of the New Orleans-inspired southern cuisines. Their menus are catered for brunches, lunches, dinners, desserts and even those with gluten allergies. From seafood-stuffed portabellas to almond encrusted chicken and even the always classic po-boy, you’re bound to find something that sate’s your appetite.
- Murky Waters Blues & BBQ: If you’re in the mood for BBQ, burgers, beer and music, Murky Waters is the perfect place to be. This restaurant and blues bar is located within the Historic Downtown Gulfport area. Sink your teeth into mouth-watering, slow-cooked BBQ and wash it down with one of the 17 local and craft beers on tap. You can even enjoy a show while you eat! Stay a while and let the dulcet tones from local, live blues performers puts you at ease.
Why Customers Choose Keep It Moving
As a moving company based in nearby Louisiana since 2006 and as survivors of Hurricane Katrina, we empathize with our brethren living in nearby Mississippi who have rebuilt their homes and lives. Our top priority is to ensure that any person who requires relocation and/or labor-only services is given the attention to detail and high-quality customer service you can expect from a caring and dedicated professional moving company of over 10 years.
But there are other reasons why Keep It Moving has been chosen including:
- Professionalism: Our crew is courteous, efficient and timely. When a move date is agreed upon, you can expect our team to handle your relocation on moving day using the right equipment and the right skills to ensure your move goes off without a hitch, just check out our Google reviews!
- Affordable Pricing: You’d struggle to find a professional moving company like Keep It Moving where we provide simplified, affordable and competitive pricing.
- Licensed, Insured and Bonded: This allows us to fulfill our promise to you that your items and your overall move is in trusted and capable hands. Our employees are also vetted and undergo drug screenings to give you an extra peace of mind that professionals are handling your move.
- Flexible Scheduling: Whether you hit a bump in the road or your new home or office isn’t quite ready, call your assigned moving coordinator ASAP to ask about our rescheduling policy.
Gulfport Moving Services
Whether you’re living abroad, or your home is already within Mississippi and you’re just looking for a new neighborhood to call home, Keep It Moving can help relocate your home or office wherever you need to be.
We have both residential and commercial moving and labor-only services including:
- Local Moving Services: At Keep It Moving, we can accommodate any residential move whether you’re moving across town or down the block, we handle it all from start to finish regardless if you’re moving an apartment or a full-size home.
- Long-Distance Moving Services: Moving out of state is a big deal and with such a big relocation ahead of you, it’s more important to ensure you have every detail taken care of before the big day—that’s where we come in. You can take care of the “little” things while we oversee and manage your entire move.
- Labor-Only Moving Services: Do you have a rental truck or PODS that requires some heavy lifting? Or your floor plan has been modified and you need help moving heavy furniture and/or electronic equipment? Whatever the case may be, our crew at Keep It Moving have more than enough hands-on deck to help.
- Packing Services: Since we pack for a living, we know that a lot of customers would rather forego the task themselves and hire professionals like us to wrap, pad and securely pack their belongings carefully to avoid any damage.
- Office & Commercial Moving Services: If your office or commercial plant requires a complete relocation, you’ve come to the right place. At Keep It Moving, every office and commercial move we manage is designed to minimize disruptions and distractions so that you and your team can resume business as usual as quickly as possible.
- Specialty Services: If you have any difficult-to-move items such as piano’s and gun safes or a loved one has passed and you require estate cleanout services, our movers in Gulfport are specially trained in each area to ensure any heavy items are transported with no damage, and any estate relocations are handled with respect and dedicated attention to detail to ensure a smooth process.
- Senior Moving Services: Moving older adults requires compassionate care and dedication. At Keep It Moving, we ensure that for each older adult who has booked a move with us, our lines of communication remain available for any comments, questions and/or concerns you may have before, during and after your move.