Movers in Slidell, LA
Let Us Bear The Load.
Need A Free Moving Quote?
Get One Now...
Moving to Slidell LA
Slidell, Louisiana is a beautiful city also known as Camellia City. Located only a short drive from New Orleans, it is ideally positioned for commuters looking to escape the big city. It is a family friendly city with festivals, great food, and friendly people. If you need moving services, Keep It Moving is your go to movers in Slidell.
Keep It Moving has been the leading professional moving company in Slidell since 2006. Our team is professionally trained and equipped with the knowledge, skills, and tools to make your move as stress free as possible. We provide packing services, local moving, labor only services, office moving and long distance moving.
About Slidell LA
Slidell is a quiet and friendly city on the northeast shore of Lake Pontchartrain in St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana, United States. Each resident within Slidell, and even the town itself, embodies southern hospitality.
This southeastern Louisiana gem has plenty of things that make it exciting including festivals, gator-filled swamps, shopping, fine dining, and a plethora of other activities to enjoy.
During many of the festivals, you can always find prize winning camellias, for which the town is so aptly nicknamed. Other festivals include many other forms of entertainment such as square dancing, softball championships and any number of parades for the ever-popular Mardi Gras and St. Patrick’s Day festivities.
During the spring and fall season, residents from all over Slidell and the surrounding parishes will congregate in Heritage Park where many free concerts are held, including the Bayou Jam Concert Series.
Bayou Jam concerts are a great way for a non-Slidell resident to get a feel for the sense of southern hospitality, community, and culture—you can also jam out to some great music with styles like bluegrass, country, R&B, and more.
Take to the streets of Olde Towne and get your fill of collectibles and antiques from throughout the south during the Antique District Street Fair in the spring and fall. Every November Slidell holds the Arts Evening, one of the area’s largest cultural festivals, featuring the works from over 100 artists.
Indoors or outdoors, entertainment or exploration, Slidell has it all!
What to do in Slidell
- Angling Adventures –Thanks to Captain Mike Gallo who offers year-round fishing adventures, you can spend all day fishing in the Biloxi Marsh in Lake Pontchartrain! The waters are filled with speckled trout, redfish, and flounder. So, kick back and relax with a beer, or your favorite beverage, while you enjoy the beautiful scenery and wait for something bite on your line.
- Bogue Chitto – Bogue Chitto National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) covers roughly 36,000 acres of the Pearl River Basin and is primarily comprised of swamps and bottomlands hardwoods. At the NWR, you will be able to experience one of the most untouched swamplands in the country. Regular flooding happens periodically within the Bogue Chitto, which has made for an interesting development of unique wildlife. Keep your eyes open for swallow-tailed kites, ringed-sawback turtles, and be aware of the elusive alligator, especially during the summer months when they are more likely to soak up some vitamin D on the shorelines.
- Gulf Coast Paintball – Gulf Coast Paintball is a great place in Slidell to experience the sport of paintball in a safe environment. All referees are trained and extremely helpful in making sure everyone understands the rules of the game, from how to use the guns to maneuvering the course. Enjoy this unconventionally wild and insanely fun paintball course, and it might just become your new favorite weekend activity.
- Holotech – Check out this one-of-kind virtual reality arcade. Wear a head-mounted visor that allows you to dive into the virtual world where you can experience all kinds of worlds from viewing our solar system, creating three-dimensional works of art, or visiting your favorite worlds of fantasy. Grab your friends, grab your family, and check out Holotech for the latest in immersive technology.
- Northshore Beach – Who doesn’t love a trip to the beach? Enjoy a lovely day in the sun by heading to this free beach located in Slidell along Lake Pontchartrain. There’s plenty of room to cool off in the nearby shady pavilions as well.
- Slidell Antique Fair – Like with any town, Slidell is no stranger to antiques, collectibles, and a various number of knickknacks. There are numerous antique shops that keep their doors open year-round, but for other vendors there’s always the Olde Town Slidell Antique Fair held twice a year in October and March. Peruse over 200 vendors antiques including jewelry, clothes, furniture, and more!
- Café Luke – This café in Olde Towne Slidell’s historic Grande Manor moonlights as a dinner theater in the evening with a classy, New Orleans-style restaurant in the mornings. At night, enjoy performances every six weeks (based on the site event listings). In the mornings and afternoons, feel free to whet your appetite on Louisiana-French Creole country cookin’.
- Beignet au Lait – Beignet’s were first introduced to the city by the French-Creole colonists in the 18th Today, beignet’s are a staple in the Louisiana food scene, and Beignet au Lait embodies the community’s love for the hot, fresh and deliciously sweet pastry.
Consider Moving to Slidell!
Keep It Moving is a full-service moving company with an office right in Slidell. We can handle all aspects of your move from packing, to lifting, to transporting your items safely and efficiently.
We are licensed and insured, and all our movers are put through rigorous training to ensure that they are best suited to accommodate your moving needs. Our Slidell movers are courteous, professional, and efficient.
Call us right now at (855) 795-6683 or fill out free quote form and let Keep It Moving make your relocation to, from, or within Slidell be easy and stress-free.