Movers in Ponchatoula, LA
Let Us Bear The Load.
Need A Free Moving Quote?
Get One Now...
Ponchatoula LA Movers
Keep It Moving Moving Services offers residential and commercial moving services available for every step of your life. Whether you’re moving to a new apartment or home for the first time, transitioning into a smaller or larger office, or you just need help moving and packing your own truck or storage space, we can do it all.
About Ponchatoula LA
The name Ponchatoula in Choctaw Indian language has several meanings such as, “hair to hang” or “flowing hair”, likely named because of the abundance of Spanish moss growing on the trees around town.
Ponchatoula, specifically its Downtown Historic District, is known as America’s Antique City. Founded in 1820 by a man named William Akers, Ponchatoula is the oldest incorporated city in the Tangipahoa Parish.
The city has many tourist attractions, such as the Strawberry Festival, a festival in which the only official vendors are non-profit organizations, a fact in which the city takes pride. The Strawberry Festival is great for families and all ages who want to take part in eating competitions, watch live performances, make some fun arts & crafts, or enjoy some thrilling amusement rides.
Ponchatoula LA has a little something for everyone so let us give a few reasons why there’s no place like Ponchatoula.
What to do in Ponchatoula LA
- Strawberry Festival: The festival is like any small-town festival, except it’s Strawberry themed! Held over one weekend in April, the Strawberry Festival has something for everyone including carnival rides, game booths, a “Strawberry Strut” and a contest for the best strawberry. You even have an opportunity to win prizes and raffles. Enjoy local music and plenty of locally sourced strawberry products like jams, pies, pastries and more! You can even get your hands on handmade strawberry themed crafts from our very own Ponchatoula artists. This is one festival you won’t want to miss.
- Ponchatoula Country Market: The Ponchatoula Country Market may just be one of the reasons why we’re known as America’s Antique City. With tons of homemade crafts and collectibles that can’t be found anywhere else, it’s been part of the city since 1973. Vendors rent their booths and sell their wares, much like a farmer’s market, and each time you visit you’re bound to find something new and exciting to add to your collection of knickknacks.
- Electric Train Depot: If you’re a fan of electric trains, or you know someone in your family that is, the Electric Train Depot is the perfect place to come check out elaborate track set ups, new and used train sets and electric train accessories. They also offer train repair services if yours go out of commission. Whether you’re there to meander about the store or gawk at the trains, the friendly and knowledgeable staff can help you find what you’re looking for.
- Louisiana Northshore Quilt Trail: The LA Northshore Quilt Trail is a free driving tour through 5 parishes, with fifty beautiful quilt-like patterns and designs along the journey. The closest stop on the tour will have you begin at 234 SWRR Ave. and take you on a trip first through the city’s Strawberry Fields and along the way you’ll be able to gander at the beauty of Ponchatoula itself.
- Kliebert & Sons Alligator Tours: For nearly five decades, Kliebert & Sons Alligator Tours has been raising, literally, thousands of alligators! Take a tour around this family owned and operated gator farm and see tons of other creatures like turtles, egrets, herons, frogs and more.
Ponchatoula LA Moving and Labor Services
- Local Moving Services: If you’ve decided to stay in Ponchatoula, and you’ve found your dream home or office, we can help! Keep It Moving will expedite your local moving needs and handle it with care and professionalism.
- Long-Distance Moving Services: Keep It Moving are the long-haul experts that can get you anywhere in the nation. Moving long distances isn’t like moving locally, but we can sure treat it like one. Your next long-distance relocation is sure to be as stress-free and as easy as any local move.
- Special Handling Services: Moving heavy items by yourself can be a hassle, and you’re likely to increase the chance of hurting yourself or damaging the item. Allow Keep It Moving to take over from here. Our professional movers and packers have the training and proper equipment necessary to move all sorts of heavy things like pianos, gun safes, hot tubs, household furniture and more.
- Office Moving Services: You’re looking to downsize or increase your office space, Keep It Moving knows how to help you accomplish that task. We can even reduce workflow disruption and minimize downtime so you can move your office and get straight back to work.
- Labor-only Services: Need the moving company without the “moving” part? If you’ve rented your own truck and storage space, but you just need help loading your things, Keep It Moving have just the right services for you. We can even rearrange some furniture in your home or office if you’re looking to redesign.
- Packing & Unpacking Services: Not a fan of packing? Don’t worry, it’s our job! Keep It Moving can also help you unpack and pack
Ponchatoula LA Free Moving Quote
If you need help moving within Ponchatoula or you’re simply taking the next step in your adventure and moving out of Ponchatoula, Keep It Moving Moving Services is available for all your residential and commercial moving needs.
Fill out our free quote form or call us today at (855) 795-6683 for professional Ponchatoula movers in Louisiana.