Movers in Bay St. Louis, MS
Let Us Bear The Load.
Need A Free Moving Quote?
Get One Now...
Movers in Bay St. Louis
Located along the Mississippi Sound (a bay of the Gulf of Mexico) in Hancock County, Mississippi, lies the quaint city of Bay St. Louis. This seaside city offers a plethora of places to explore and activities to experience for every age and type of visitor.
Originally, the land was part of a 1789 Spanish land grant and soon thereafter became a village-resort for affluent planters. Once the New Orleans, Mobile and Chattanooga Railroad was complete in 1869, tourists also started making their way toward Bay St. Louis for an exciting vacation spot or relaxing getaway.
Unfortunately, in August of 2006, a category 5 hurricane dubbed “Hurricane Katrina” caused over 1,800 deaths and $125 billion in damages, particularly in New Orleans, Louisiana, which is roughly an hour away from Bay St. Louis. Alongside NOLA, Bay St. Louis and the neighboring town of Waveland were also decimated by the hurricane.
Today, Bay St. Louis and the nearby towns that struggled against Katrina are welcoming visitors and residents with open arms. One can enjoy the Bay’s white, sandy beaches, peruse any number of downtown galleries and gift shops for knick-knacks and educate oneself on the history of Bay St. Louis by visiting local landmarks and museums. If you and your friends are looking for outdoorsy activities, hit up the local golf courses and fishing charters for a bit of friendly competition.
Whatever your cup of tea, Keep It Moving can help get you moving in the right direction. From local and long-distance moving services to labor-only services like hauling difficult-to-move items, our professional moving crew can help make your relocation to, from or within Bay St. Louis as easy as pie.
Why Customers Choose Keep It Moving?
Since 2006, our goal at Keep It Moving has remained the same: to improve the relocation process of residents and businesses whether they live in Bay St. Louis, MS or New Orleans, Louisiana.
But there are other reasons why Keep It Moving has been chosen for move and/or labor-only services:
- Professionalism: Our moving crew is courteous, efficient and they arrive on time ready to complete your move as successfully and quickly as possible. We maintain constant communication during all parts of the move, from the initial quote consultation until we leave your front door.
- Affordable Pricing: Our rates are simplified and competitive. You’d be hard pressed to find a moving company nearby that offers great rates plus high-quality moving services and customer satisfaction, just check out our Google reviews!
- Licensed, Insured and Bonded: Our moving company is licensed, insured and bonded for your protection and your peace of mind. Additionally, we’re also certified ProMovers by the American Transportation Association (ATA). As you can tell, the safety of our customers and their belongings is vital to a successful move. To that end, we use only the most skilled and professional movers, packers and drivers to ensure the safety and security of your next relocation.
- Flexible Scheduling: Lastly, we can work with you. We understand that sometimes “life happens.” If you happen to experience a certain event in your life that requires you to postpone your moving or labor services with us, don’t be afraid to ask for help! Simply contact your moving coordinator within 24 hours, and we can work with you to schedule a new moving date.
Things to Do in Bay St. Louis
If you’ve decided to move to or stay within Bay St. Louis, you’re in luck! Being so close to Louisiana, some of the first settlers of Bay St. Louis were French men and women, so you can expect to find a fusion of many different places that include Cajun, French, Creole and African influences.
Since Hurricane Katrina, Bay St. Louis has worked diligently to be as exciting as ever by renovating museums, retail shops and overall rebuilding this part of the Mississippi Gulf Coast that so many proudly call home.
Dine on Cajun and Creole-influenced dishes! Since New Orleans is just an hour away (roughly 58 miles), the Cajun and Creole flavors prevalent in NOLA have worked their way into the hearts of restaurants and eateries within in Bay St. Louis, including fresh seafood. Whether you like your fish baked, fried, broiled, blackened or steamed, enjoy your seafood your way. While almost every restaurant will feature fresh seafood, there are plenty of other dishes to savor as well! Don’t take our word for it, visit local places like Cuz’s Old Town Oyster Bar and Grill, 200 North Beach, Bogart’s Steakhouse at Hollywood Casino or the Jourdan River Steamer in nearby Kiln, Mississippi.
Treat yourself by shopping in Old Town Bay St. Louis! From clothing and shoe stores, to jewelry, pottery, painting and floral shops to large selections of indoor and outdoor home décor, there are plenty of places for anyone to lighten their wallets!
Stop in or order delivery from The French Potager for fresh floral arrangements or inquire about their wedding and event planning services. Don’t forget to check out local art, jewelry and home interior décor from Social Chair, Mississippi’s gift shop voted best in the state by Mississippi Magazine.
Lastly, you can partake in a bit of artistic culture by perusing Smith and Lens art gallery. The art displays feature local and national artists which always change, so you never know what you might find. From 50s and 60s-era advertisements-turned-art to events like art lottery, popups on the patio and annual festivals like We Think Dolly Should, an annual celebration of the country music all-star, Ms. Dolly Parton.
Soak up informative bits about Bay St. Louis and the surrounding area! Lastly, if you’re feeling a bit historical, stop by the Historic Train Depot. Here, you can find the local visitor center for community-based questions and answers about Bay St. Louis—but that’s not all! Within this Mississippi landmark, there are plenty of informative museums and displays where you can learn about Mardi Gras influences, famous Bay St. Louis celebrities and other events dedicated to an era long past.
Bay St. Louis Moving Services
Even if you’re living in nearby Louisiana and you’re looking to make a new life in Mississippi, Keep It Moving can help move you anywhere. For residential and commercial moving needs, our southern hospitality extends to all walks of life whether you need full or partial moving services.
Our moving and labor services include:
- Local Moving Services: If you’re moving up the street, a couple blocks over or just a few miles away, we’ve got you covered. Each member of our team
- Long-Distance Moving Services: If you’re moving out of state or from one end of the state to the other, Keep It Moving can help you go the distance. A long-distance move requires a little more prepping and planning before moving day, so request a quote and our skilled moving coordinators will contact you right away.
- Labor-Only Moving Services: Are you’re ready to transport your belongings yourself, but you require some muscle to move and load your items quickly and safely on your truck or PODS? Here at Keep It Moving, our labor crew can help you with all the heavy lifting you need and none of the hassle.
- Packing Services: Whether you’ve already got half the boxes packed or you need help packing from beginning to end, our professional packers can take it away. Not everyone’s a packing expert. Luckily for you, we are.
- Office & Commercial Moving Services: Flexible weekend and evening scheduling means that we can help you relocate your office or commercial plant in a way that won’t disrupt your work flow while minimizing overall disruptions. With office movers like us, you can be sure that your office or plant can resume business hours in no time.
- Specialty Services: Our specialty services include hauling and transporting difficult-to-move items like piano’s and gun safes. Additionally, if you or someone you loved is in need of estate cleanout services, you don’t have to go at it alone—our team can help!
- Senior Moving Services: As senior movers, we specialize in senior move management practices including full-service packing, hauling and transporting to a new destination. We can also help you setup your furniture and other belongings upon arrival at your new home.
Bay St. Louis Moving Quote
No matter where you decide to settle down, whether it’s within the Gulfport-Biloxi Metro area or to nearby cities like Waveland, Henderson Point or Shoreline Park, contact a Keep It Moving relocation coordinator by phone at (228) 777-3389.
Book your move to, from or within Bay St. Louis, MS right away by filling out our free quote form today!